Missed a few weeks. Oops. My excuse is that I got busy with classes and side projects. This week in review will encompass the last few weeks I missed.
What I watched
- Apple announced two new iPhones, a new watch, and a new TV last week.
- How the triplet flow took over rap.
What I’m reading
- Daily Rituals: How Artists Work. Re-reading this book by Mason Currey to see what changes I can make in my own life. It offers insight into the routines and rituals of creative people.
- AI is scary 🤖 (but we already knew that).
- This Reddit thread on the SWE hiring process.
- Can you really make money when @realDonaldTrump tweets about a company?
- Andrew Ng’s recent Quora session.
- This answer to “How did Elon Musk learn so much?” on Quora.
- Chips Off the Old Block: Computers Are Taking Design Cues From Human Brains.
What I’m listening to
- Alone in Kyoto by Air. I miss Japan.
- ラビリンス by Mondo Grosso, Hikari Mitsushima
- Maroon by Zoology
- Silvery by Novo Amor, Ed Tullett
- Cry Bird by Tennyson. I am so excited for their new album!
- Friends by Anna Of The North
- Provider by Frank Ocean
- アンドロメダ by t e l e p a t h テレパシー能力者
- [oops] by potsu
- Toccata by OVERWERK
- Favor by Vindata, Skrillex
- Princess Peach by WIZE, R.O.M
- Tired Boy by Joel Pecoraro
- Tell Me - Qrion Remix by Giraffage
- Strobe by deadmau5
What I made
- A live bus map for the Austin transit system (WIP). This might take another week to complete.
- A markov chain text generator for @realDonaldTrump.
- Reddit bots! (WIP)